“Literacy learning that is accessible, inclusive, empowering, effective, and fun.”
- Shane Davis, Founder.
Ten years ago Australian Shane Davis started developing an online program to meet the demand from teachers for a digital resource to help with their literacy teaching. Since then LiteracyPlanet has become a leading program internationally, bringing together best practice English literacy education with the latest in digital software.
The result is an engaging, effective resource that improves learning outcomes for children of all ages and abilities. LiteracyPlanet is committed to helping children in schools and homes around the world master English literacy skills.
- Intrepica is founded in Queensland, Australia by Shane Davis, to create literacy teaching software.
- Research and development.
- Intrepica develops custom software for reading researchers at Sydney's Macquarie University.
- Testing in schools. Teachers are thrilled by the way the program engages and motivates students.
- LiteracyPlanet is released for Australian schools.
- Popularity and word of mouth drives rapid growth.
- LiteracyPlanet launches a version of the program for home use to improve literacy outcomes for Homeschools and Tutors.
- Finalist for best ‘International Digital Education Resource’ at the UK's prestigious Bett Awards.
- Content is aligned to England’s National Curriculum and Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence.
- Use of phonics and sight words content is proven in a clinical study to have a significant effect in improving reading outcomes.
- First Word Mania competition - more than 100,000 students build 43 million words.
- Word Mania is the most popular literacy competition in Australia, with more than 200,000 students from 2,000 schools building 63 million words.
- LiteracyPlanet is used in 40 countries.
- LiteracyPlanet launches in the USA, with thousands of exercises for Elementary, Middle and High Schools as well as Homeschools and Tutors.
- More than 300,000 students in over 50 countries are now using LiteracyPlanet to learn important English literacy skills in class and at home.