Here is the online privacy statement for LiteracyPlanet, the most comprehensive, engaging online program to develop literacy skills in the USA. LiteracyPlanet takes the privacy of student data seriously and these terms and conditions ensure it stays safe.
Last updated: 21st December 2018
By using the Sites, each visitor (sometimes referred to as “you” or “your”) consents to the collection and use of personal information by LiteracyPlanet in the manner stated here.
Information about children
Collection of personal information from visitors to the sites
Passive information collection, use, and choices
As you navigate the Sites, certain Personal Information may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following techniques in the following ways:
- IP Addresses: An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Sites, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Sites. We do not use this data to identify who you are as an individual.
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version. We do not use this data to identify who you are as an individual.
- Social media widgets: Our Sites may include social media tools, including social media widgets or plug-ins, to connect you to our social media accounts. These features may set a cookie or use other automatic collection and tracking technologies to collect information about you and your use of the social media features through and in connection with our Sites. These social media tools may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with these tools and the corresponding social media platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide such platforms.
You can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for information on how to opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
The Sites do not process Do-Not-Track (DNT) headers transmitted by Web browsers. We do not collect information about your online activities on third party sites, accordingly we do not change our practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser.
Use of personal information collected
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you information that you request, to charge your credit card for a purchase, and to provide you with services that you purchased.
- To send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Sites, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and other administrative information.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, record-keeping, developing new products or services, enhancing the Sites, improving our products and services, identifying Sites usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Sites, and determining the effectiveness of our fundraising campaigns.
We may use any information that does not personally identify you, your computer, or your device, for any purpose.
LiteracyPlanet sharing of personal information
LiteracyPlanet provides certain personal information to the following:
- Those third-party service providers that provide services to LiteracyPlanet, such as our hosting service and the company that processes credit card numbers on our behalf.
- A party with which LiteracyPlanet enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction — such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase.
- A third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process.
- If it is determined by LiteracyPlanet in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of LiteracyPlanet or any other person or entity.
LiteracyPlanet will take reasonable steps to protect the information collected and provided via the Sites from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, you should understand that no transmission over the Internet is ever fully secure. Also, LiteracyPlanet uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Sites are generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Sites will be interrupted or unavailable. LiteracyPlanet will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that LiteracyPlanet shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Sites.
Your rights and choices
You can unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link they contain. You can opt out of the use of certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions in the section above called “Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices.” If you are a registered user and would like to modify your personal information or delete your account, you may do this by signing into your account and navigating to the login area of www.literacyplanet.com, or you may contact LiteracyPlanet at firstname.lastname@example.org. These rights and options that you have with respect to Personal Information are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law.
If you have any questions or concerns about these terms and conditions, please email us at email@example.com.