Intrepica Pty Ltd ACN 44 128 896 980, including its subsidiary companies, (we, us, our or Intrepica) recognises and values the protection of your personal information. We are aware of our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and relevant European Union Directives ; and we will ensure that we fulfill our obligations under relevant legislation where we operate.
We also recognise that you may have concerns about our collection of your personal information via the LiteracyPlanet website ("the Website") which is located at www.literacyplanet.com and how we may use that information.
Effective Date: July 1st 2014
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- Use of Your Information by Intrepica Pty Ltd
- Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
- Your Controls and Choices
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Security and Integrity
- Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
- Retention of Data
- Comments and Questions
1. Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information . We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, the first names and surnames of any children you are signing up to the program, country of residence, email address, username and password. Under no circumstances will we request or collect any information from you that may disclose your:
- political, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations
- racial or ethnic origin
- criminal convictions.
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our sites or through our partners, including payment information
- Information you provide in public forums and our applications
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, virtual learning environments or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account.
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address , where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send.
2. How We Collect Your Information
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms. Please visit Online Tracking and Advertising for further information, including how to disable cookies.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorise the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
3. Use of Your Information by Intrepica Pty Ltd
4. Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
We will not share your personal information outside Intrepica Pty Ltd. except in very limited circumstances, including:
- when we share personal information with third parties in connection with the sale of a business
- to ensure the safety and security of our students and third parties
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our users and third parties
- to comply with legal process or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law
5. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- you may correct, update and delete your registration account
- you may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting Intrepica support, or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact Intrepica Support.
6. Children’s Privacy
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our sites and applications . When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity
- giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted
7. Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect user information from unauthorised access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
8. Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
9. Retention of Data
We retain personal data on our systems for active subscribers and retain data beyond this period for benchmarking and educational analytic purposes (eg: effectiveness of the program) and as required by law to do so, typically for financial purposes.
11. Comments and Questions
Our sites and applications may contain links to other sites not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information .
Aggregate Information. Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of students, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual student.
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual student.
Application. Application means a program or service operated by us (or on our behalf) that may be displayed on various online, mobile or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to interact directly with our students.
Children. Children means individuals who we have identified are not of legal age to consent to the collection and processing of their personal information.
Data Controller. The data controller is Intrepica Pty Ltd.
Data Processor. A data processor is a person or entity that processes personal information on behalf of a data controller (or data controllers) and is permitted to perform data processing only as directed by the data controller(s).
Intrepica Support. Telephone us on +61 (07) 5656 9696 or e-mail us at email@example.com .
IP address. An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our students visit various parts of our sites and applications, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Notice. Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our sites and applications, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
Parents. Parents means a parent or legal guardian.
Personal information. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information.
Public Forums. Our sites and applications may offer message boards, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages, and other forums that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. To request removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or applications, please contact Intrepica Support .
For questions related to children’s privacy, please contact Intrepica Support .
Online Tracking and Advertising
UK Customers Only: Please click here to read our Cookies Policy.
1. Online Tracking and Advertising
We collect information about your activity on our sites and applications using tracking technologies such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons. Definitions for the tracking technologies listed, as well as information regarding how to disable them, are available below. This tracking data is used for many purposes including, for example, to:
- Provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to our sites and applications; for example, remembering your preferences for search filters
- Deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location
- Monitor and evaluate the use and operation of our sites and applications
- Analyze traffic on our sites and on the sites of third parties
We may associate this tracking data with your registration account, in which case we will treat it as personal information.
We use some third party tools to collect data about how users interact with our site. If you’d prefer that we not track your interactions you may opt out by using the following link: www.inspectlet.com/optout
2. Online Tracking Technologies
Examples of online tracking technologies include:
- Flash cookies . We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Our advertisers and third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, please click here . If you disable Flash cookies, you won’t have access to many features that make your student experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.