Intrepizine Writing Competition 2022
Please read instructions on how to correctly complete the entry form at literacyplanet.com/discover/intrepizine-writing-comp/. The focus of the competition is the creation of an engaging and original nonfiction article that satisfies the entry requirements. Examples of the standard of writing can be found in LiteracyPlanet’s Intrepizine magazine.
- Each participating school to complete an in-school competition to determine the article they will submit on behalf of their school.
- Only one submission per Intrepizine level will be accepted per school.
- Write a nonfiction article on one of the following categories:
- Health and Fitness
- Science and Technology
- Sports and Nutrition
- Ensure the article is written at one of the following levels in Intrepizine:
- Green – Years/Grades 3 – 4
- Orange – Years/Grades 5 – 7
- Blue – Years/Grades 7 – 10
- The submission must include a title, sub-titles (pull-out quotes are optional).
- The submission should include the student’s school and their year/grade level of study.
- To be published in LiteracyPlanet’s Intrepizine, the article needs to be interesting and engaging, making the reader interested in the topic or issue.
- Submit the article with typed text on A4 size paper (30cm x 21cm) as a Word or PDF document. Times New Roman or Ariel font at 12pt is the preferred font.
- The maximum word limit for each level is:
- Green – 400 Words
- Orange – 600 words
- Blue – 800 words
- Any submissions that are beyond 800 words will not be considered.
- Submissions must not have been previously published in a publicly circulated outlet (such as a magazine or website). Pieces published in a personal or school capacity (such as personal blog, or school website, newsletter or magazine) will be considered.
- Submissions must be the student’s own original work and does not infringe upon any existing copyright or licensing rights.
- Submissions open at 9am AEST Monday, 16 May 2022. Entries submitted before this date will not be considered.
- Submissions close at 5pm AEST Friday, 17 June 2022. Entries submitted after this closing date will not be considered.
- By submitting an article to LiteracyPlanet, the school agrees to LiteracyPlanet’s Terms and Conditions. The school gives LiteracyPlanet permission to use all or any part of the entry for the purpose of announcing or promoting the article as either a shortlisted or winning entrant, or to promote the article itself.
- Entries are judged on originality, creativity, language skills and fulfilment of the entry requirements.
- The conventions of written work will be considered in relation to the Year/Grade level of the student and the level aimed for in Intrepizine.
- The winner of each school will be announced on LiteracyPlanet’s website, via our newsletter and as an endnote of the published article in Intrepizine.
- The judges may decide that an entry is not of publishable standard and reserve the right to not publish an article.
- The decision of LiteracyPlanet judges is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning entries will be notified by email after 17 June 2022.
- The winning participants will be sent a certificate, acknowledging the student (initials only) and teacher (title and surname only).
- Participation certificates will be sent to each school, acknowledging the student and teacher upon request.
- LiteracyPlanet reserves the right to modify or change in any way the article before publication in Intrepizine.